PREDICTOR FAILURE OF EXCLUSIVE BREASTFEEDING IN THE WORKING AREA OF CENTER OF PUBLIC HEALTH SAWAN I BULELENG DISTRICT
World Health Organitation (WHO) sets a target for increasing exclusive breastfeeding by 50% by 2025. This study aims to analyze internal and external factors which are predictors of breastfeeding failure carried out in seven villages under the Sawan Health Center area 1. The method used is crossectional survey approach with questionnaire sheets. The analysis used is survival analysis and logistic regression with the help of STATA 12. The result is that 50% of failures of exclusive breastfeeding occur at 78 days. Internal factors are the age of the mother (<20 years or> 35 years) (OR 1.86, CI 1,009-3.33 p 0.04), not breast care during pregnancy (OR 3.49, CI 1.50-8.16 p 0.01) increasing failure of exclusive breastfeeding, vice versa not interested in formula milk reduced the failure of Exclusive Breastfeeding by 89% (OR 0.11, CI 0.05-0.201 p 0.01). Never exposed to promotion of formula milk reduced the failure of Exclusive Breastfeeding by 69% (OR 0.31, CI 0.16-0.60 p 0.01) and the offer of formula milk from health workers increased the failure of Exclusive Breast Milk up to 4.23 times (OR 4.23, CI 1.52-11.76 p 0.01) . Preparation of an earlier lactation process and support from various parties internally and externally is the key to the success of exclusive breastfeeding.
2. WHO. Breastfeeding The Goal. 2016.
3. Global WHO, Bank D, Feeding YC, Children T, Children U. Date updated: 2009-07-21. 2007;2–6.
4. Kemenkes RI. Riset Kesehatan Dasar. 2013;
5. Rahmadhani EP, Lubis G. Artikel Penelitian Hubungan Pemberian ASI Eksklusif dengan Angka Kejadian Diare Akut pada Bayi Usia 0-1 Tahun di Puskesmas Kuranji Kota Padang. J Kesehat Andalas. 2013;2(2):62–6.
6. Sirait SH. Pengaruh Pemberian ASI Eksklusif dengan Kejadian ISPA pada Anak Batita di Puskesmas Singosari Kota Pematangsiantar. Glob Heal Sci. 2017;2(1):70–80.
7. Babakazo P, Donnen P, Akilimali P, Mapatano N, Ali M, Okitolonda E. Predictors of discontinuing exclusive breastfeeding before six months among mothers in Kinshasa : a prospective study. Int Breastfeed J [Internet]. 2015;1–9. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/s13006-015-0044-7
8. Fraser D. Buku Ajar Bidan. I. Jakarta: ECG; 2011.
9. Kemenkes. PEKAN ASI SEDUNIA 2013 _ Kementerian Kesehatan Republik Indonesia. 2013.
10. Kurniawan B, Sakit R, Lamongan M. Determinan Keberhasilan Pemberian Air Susu Ibu Eksklusif Determinants of the Successful of Exclusive Breast Feeding. 2013;27(4):236–40.
11. Statistics Indonesia (Badan Pusat Statistik [BPS]), National Population and Family Planning Board (BKKBN), Indonesia Ministry of Health (Depkes RI), ICF International. Indonesia Demographic and Health Survey 2012. … Heal Care [Internet]. 2013; Available from: http://www.dhsprogram.com
12. Saleh LOA. Faktor-Faktor Yang Menghambat Praktik Asi Eksklusif Pada Bayi Usia 0-6 Bulan. 2011;
13. Gadhavi RN, Vidhani M, Patel F, Patel A, Mehta S, Chavan LB. Original Article Are Today ’ S Mother Aware Enough About Breast Feeding ?: a Knowledge , Attitude and Practice Study on Urban Mothers. Natl J Med Res. 2013;3(4):396–8.
14. Cooper F&. Myles Buku Ajar Bidan edisi 14. Jakarta: EGC; 2011.
15. Shifraw T, Worku A, Berhane Y. Factors associated exclusive breastfeeding practices of urban women in Addis Ababa public health centers, Ethiopia: a cross sectional study. Int Breastfeed J [Internet]. 2015;10(1):22. Available from: http://www.internationalbreastfeedingjournal.com/content/10/1/22
16. Khasawneh W, Khasawneh AA. Predictors and barriers to breastfeeding in north of Jordan: could we do better? Int Breastfeed J [Internet]. 2017;12(1):49. Available from: https://internationalbreastfeedingjournal.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13006-017-0140-y
17. Kepmenkes. Pokok - Pokok Peraturan Pemerintah No . 33 Tahun 2012 tentang Pemberian Air Susu Ibu Eksklusif. 2012;(33):1–42.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Please find the rights and licenses in Jurnal Ilmiah Bidan (JIB). By submitting the article/manuscript of the article, the author(s) agree with this policy. No specific document sign-off is required.
The non-commercial use of the article will be governed by the Creative Commons Attribution license as currently displayed on Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
2. Author(s)' Warranties
The author warrants that the article is original, written by stated author(s), has not been published before, contains no unlawful statements, does not infringe the rights of others, is subject to copyright that is vested exclusively in the author and free of any third party rights, and that any necessary written permissions to quote from other sources have been obtained by the author(s).
3. User/Public Rights
JIB's spirit is to disseminate articles published are as free as possible. Under the Creative Commons license, JIB permits users to copy, distribute, display, and perform the work for non-commercial purposes only. Users will also need to attribute authors and JIB on distributing works in the journal and other media of publications. Unless otherwise stated, the authors are public entities as soon as their articles got published.
4. Rights of Authors
Authors retain all their rights to the published works, such as (but not limited to) the following rights;
- Copyright and other proprietary rights relating to the article, such as patent rights,
- The right to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books,
- The right to reproduce the article for own purposes,
- The right to self-archive the article (please read out deposit policy),
- The right to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the article's published version (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal (Jurnal Ilmiah Bidan).
If the article was jointly prepared by more than one author, any authors submitting the manuscript warrants that he/she has been authorized by all co-authors to be agreed on this copyright and license notice (agreement) on their behalf, and agrees to inform his/her co-authors of the terms of this policy. JIB will not be held liable for anything that may arise due to the author(s) internal dispute. JIB will only communicate with the corresponding author.
Being an open accessed journal and disseminating articles for free under the Creative Commons license term mentioned, author(s) aware that JIB entitles the author(s) to no royalties or other fees.
JIB will publish the article (or have it published) in the journal if the article’s editorial process is successfully completed. JIB's editors may modify the article to a style of punctuation, spelling, capitalization, referencing and usage that deems appropriate. The author acknowledges that the article may be published so that it will be publicly accessible and such access will be free of charge for the readers as mentioned in point 3.