Peppermint Oil Giving Effect Of Pregnant Woman with Pruritus (Itching) and Trimester III
In BPS Nurhasanah S.Tr.Keb Teluk Betung Selatan Bandar Lampung Year 2017
Based on research, about 18% of pregnant women in France suffered pruritus. In India of 200 pregnant women, approximately 61.5% were experiencing pruritus. Pruritus is a sensation of skin irritating and provoking to scratch. Itch receptors are not myelinated, has a brush-like nerve endings (penicillate) which is only found in the skin, mucous membranes and cornea. The purpose of research is known the effect of peppermint oil in pregnant women with pruritus (itching) in the third trimester Str.Keb Nurhasannah BPS Teluk Betung Selatan Bandar Lampung Year 2017. This type of research is quantitative approach to pre-experimental design withmethod one sample pretest posttest. The population in this study is the third trimester pregnant women who experienced pruritus (itching) in BPS Nurhasannah, S.Tr.Keb Teluk Betung Selatan Bandar Lampung in 2017. This study was conducted in February-August 2017. Obtained a sample of 15 people with the criteria of pregnant women with pruritus gravidarum, willing to become respondents and peppermint oil applied only to the experiencing itching. Data collection using observation sheet and univariate analysis of data is T-dependent test. The survey results revealed the average value before administration of peppermint oil amounted to 4.67 with a standard deviation of 1.234, while the average value after being given peppermint oil was 2.93 with a standard deviation of 1.223. There is the effect of peppermint oil to cope with pruritus (itching) in the third trimester pregnant women (p value < 0.05 is 0.000). Expected in pregnant women to pay attention to health during pregnancy, especially their symptoms of pruritus (itching) during pregnancy and how to cope by using peppermint oil.
2. Djuanda, 2010, Ilmu Penyakit kulit dan kelamin. Edisi Kelima. Jakarta :FK UI
3. Karen JK Promeran K. Skin changes and diseases in penancy. In:Wollf K, Leffell DJ, Paller AS Gilchest BA, Katz SI Goldsmith LA, editors. Fitzpatick’s dematology in general medicine.8th ed. New York:Mc-Graw Hill.
4. Pusponegoro . Dermatosis pada kehamilan. In: Indriatmi W Bramon K Menaldi S editos. Ilmu penakit kulit dan kelamin. 7ed. Cetakan petama. Jakata: Balai Penebit FKUI 2015.
5. Rahayu Tutik & Retno Dwi. 2009. Pruritus. Vol XXXI No 115 Maret 2009. Majalah Ilmiah Sultan Agung
6. Amjadi Akhavan et.al. 2011. The Effect of Peppermint Oil on Symptomatic Treatment of Pruritus in Pregnant Women. Rasht : RS Rasoul Akram
7. Kristian, A. R. 2016. Dermatosis pada Kehamilan. Kalbemed CDK edisi 242 vol. 4
8. Prasetyo, S. N. 2010. Konsep dan Proses Keperawatan Nyeri. Yogyakarta: Graha Ilmu
9. Notoatmodjo. S, 2012. Metodologi penelitian kesehatan. Jakarta Rineka cipta
10. Greg Arnold et.al. 2012. Peppermint Oil Effective for Itching during Pregnancy. School of Pharmacy Shaheed Beheshti University of Medical Sciences and Health Services.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
The copyright to this article is transferred to Jurnal Ilmiah Bidan (JIB) if the article is accepted for publication. JIB allow the author to hold the mutual copyright.
Jurnal Ilmiah Bidan (JIB) is licensed under Creative Common Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.