|Peer Review Policy|
|Focus and Scope|
|Rights and Licenses|
|Plagiarism and Retraction|
|Open Access Statement|
|Statistics & Traffics|
The Midwife Scientific Journal as known as Jurnal Ilmiah Bidan (JIB) is accepting the original articles / texts that relevant in of midwifery area/subject. The Paper can be submit as meta-analysis, research results, literature studies, clinical practice, and case reports / case reports with the following condition that shown at Submission Preparation Checklist above.
Before prepare and submit article manuscripts, please note that author(s) are discouraged from withdrawing submitted papers after it is in the publication process (review, copyedit, layout, etc.,). During the time, Jurnla Ilmiah Bidan (JIB) had spent valuable resources besides time spent in the process. Please prepare your manuscript before submission, using the following guidelines and the article template below:
1. Language in the Article : We currently accept Bahasa Indonesian only articles. Other paper in English are welcome.
2. Format : The submission file is in Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format. We currently do not accept other formats, such as LaTex or PDF files.
3. Article Length : The number of pages per paper title is between 8-12 pages, including references.
4. Paper size : Paper size must be set in letter / quarto with 3 cm of right, left, top and bottom margins. Papers are written in 1 column format (not in 2 columns / journal version).
5. Article Title : Title and abstract written in English and Indonesian, using Times New Roman font with a size of 10pt, Italic, single spacing, consisting of 1 full paragraph
6. Curriculum Vitae: Curriculum Vitae with CV standard format written in separate file, not attached in manuscript
7. Style Article : The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines (Vancouver Style)
Author Details and Authorship
All contributing authors’ names should be added, and their names arranged in the correct order for publication. A correct email address should be supplied only by the corresponding author. The full name of each author must be present in the exact format they should appear for publication, including or exclude any middle names or initials as required. The affiliation of each contributing author should be correct on their individual author name.
The criteria of authorship are as follows; Substantial contributions to the conception or design of the work; or the acquisition, analysis, or interpretation of data for the work; Drafting the work or revising it critically for important intellectual content; Final approval of the version to be published; Agreement to be accountable for all aspects of the work in ensuring that questions related to the accuracy or integrity of any part of the work are appropriately investigated and resolved.
Authors must supply a structured abstract in their submission, which includes:
A maximum of 200 words in total excluding keywords. It has to be in English regardless of the articles content's languages.
Authors should provide appropriate and short keywords that encapsulate the principal topics of the paper. The maximum number of keywords is 5 (five) phrases.
The body of articles should be organized (at least) into the IMRaD structure as follow;
- Introduction Section. Provides adequate background or context (problem and its significance) of the study. The subject should not be written extensively. It is expected that the rationale or purpose of the study (gap analysis), the objective in general and specific, and hypothesis (if any) should be expressed clearly. Present a clear "state of the art" of the subject, which discussed literature and theoretical concepts behind it. A concise general background may be included in the article. Present at least 5 (five) recent related works to support the novelty of the research.
- Methods Section. provides sufficient details to allow the work to be reproduced by an independent researcher. Methods that are already published should be summarized and indicated by a reference. If quoting directly from a previously published method, use quotation marks and also cite the source. Any modifications to existing methods should also be described. Indicate the participants observed, including demographic data, number of respondents, the rationale of respondents selection, etc. Describe the design of the experiment, such as the experiment procedures, surveys, interviews, observation characteristics, etc. Write the complete research procedure. Be sure that explanations made in the article will allow other researchers to reproduce the work, or make future work out of it.
- Results and discussions. Write results in a logical sequence. Results with important findings should be present first. When presenting results in a table or figure, do not repeat all those contents in the text. Present only the summary of the text. Describe only new and important aspects of the study. Do not repeat all information from the results section or any section above. Present limitations of the study. Write the issues that are new or unsolved, for future research. This section consists of the information on What/How the presented data were produced, no raw data should be present in the article. The produced data are presented in tables, or figures with an explanation of what is the result/findings from the work. The section will also need to address connections between findings and basic concepts or hypothesis made earlier. Authors should also express whether any arguments were needed relating to other works from other researchers. Write implications made by the work related to theoretical or applications.
- Conclusions Section. The conclusion should be linked to the title and objectives of the study. Do not make statements not adequately supported by your findings. Write the improvements made to the industrial engineering field or science in general. Do not make further discussions, repeat the abstract, nor only list the results of research results. Do not use bulleted points, use paragraphed sentences instead.
Biographies and Acknowledgments
Those who contribute but do not meet all criteria for authorship should not be listed as authors, but they should be acknowledged at the end of the text. Only the names of the persons but not their role should be written under the acknowledgment section. Authors must declare all sources of external research funding in their article and a statement to this effect should appear in the Acknowledgements section.
Authors who wish to include these items should save them together in the MS Word file to be uploaded with the submission. If they are to be included, a brief professional biography of 100 words maximum should be supplied for each named author.
All Figures (charts, diagrams, line drawings, web pages/screenshots, and photographic images) should be submitted in electronic form. All Figures should be of high quality, legible and numbered consecutively with Arabic numerals. Graphics may be supplied in color to facilitate their appearance on the online database. Figures created in MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel should be supplied in their native formats. Electronic figures created in other applications should be copied from the origination software and pasted into MS Word template document. Photographic images should be inserted in the main body of the article and of high quality.
Tables should be typed and included in the main body of the article. The position of tables should be inserted in the text as close to the point of reference as possible. Ensure that any superscripts or asterisks are shown next to the relevant items and have corresponding explanations displayed as footnotes to the table, figure or plate.
JIB prefers articles which refer mainly to journal articles, research reports, and conference proceedings, rather than rely heavily on textbooks or handbooks to demonstrate articles' novelty in the subject discussed. The use of Mendeley as a tool in referencing is preferable and encouraged. References should be carefully checked for completeness, accuracy, and consistency.
Author(s) should cite publications in the text following the IEEE citation style. At the end of the paper, a reference list in alphabetical order should be supplied as follows:
Please download the Statement (Ethics and Copyright Agreement), sign and send to JIB along with the text / article.