STUDI TENTANG POLA ASUH, PUSAT INFORMASI DAN KONSELING KESEHATAN REPRODUKSI REMAJA (PIK-KRR) DAN KEJADIAN KEHAMILAN REMAJA
Gunungkidul is a municipality with 310 adolescent pregnancy occurred in 2016, amongst them 220 were premarital pregnancy. The study aimed to explore figure and experiences of pregnant adolescent and their parent in regards to parenting style, Adolescent Sexual Reproductive Health (ASRH) service and adolescent pregnancy. Design of the study was exploratory sequential-mixed methods including quantitative study phase and qualitative study phase. Findings show that majority of respondents have democratic parenting style regarding to both adolescent and parent, which are 65% and 85% respectively. Majority of respondent have enough knowledge about ASRH service in both group of adolescents and parents which are 85% and 60%. They also have positive attitude to ASRH service in both groups of adolescents and parent, which are 90% and 70%. There were 6 themes emerged for qualitative study which are “none force me”; discussion about sexual and reproductive health; information and services of ADSRH, premarital sexual relationship and unwanted pregnancy; consequences of pregnancy; and support and hope. Parenting style is not the one and only aspect lead to adolescent pregnancy, other aspects such as peer influence, lack of knowledge related to sexual reproductive health, limited access to ADSRH, and lack of parents’ involvement in ADRSH programs and intervention could also contribute to adolescent pregnancy occurred. There is a need to develop model and strategies to increase public awareness of ADRSH in order to reduce the number of adolescent pregnancy.
2. Indonesian Ministry of Health. Indonesian Basic Health Survey. Jakarta; 2013.
3. Statistics Indonesia, National Population and Family Planning Board, Ministry of Health. Indonesia demographic and health survey: adolescent reproductive health. Statistics (Ber) [Internet]. 2013;1–296. Available from: https://dhsprogram.com/pubs/pdf/FR281/FR281.pdf
4. Yogyakarta Local Ministry of Health. Profil Kesehatan Daerah Istimewa Yogyakarta. Yogyakarta; 2015.
5. McHunu, G., Peltzer, K., Tutshana, B. and Seutlwadi L. Adolescent pregnancy and associated factors in South African youth. Afr Heal Sci. 2012;12(4)(4):426–34.
6. Tamer Edirne Muhammet Can Ali Kolusari Recep Yildizhan Ertan Adali Beyza Akdag. Trends, characteristics, and outcomes of adolescent pregnancy in eastern Turkey. Int J Gynecol Obstet. 2010;110(2).
7. Assini-Meytin LC, Green KM. Long-term consequences of adolescent parenthood among African-American Urban youth: A propensity score matching approach. J Adolesc Heal [Internet]. Elsevier Inc.; 2015;56(5):529–35. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jadohealth.2015.01.005
8. Chandra-Mouli, V., Camacho, A.V. and Michaud P. WHO Guidelines on Preventing Early Pregnancy and Poor Reproductive Outcomes Among Adolescents in Developing Countries. J Adolesc Heal. 2013;52(5):517–522.
9. Mckim CA. The Value of Mixed Methods Research : A Mixed Methods Study. 2017;
10. Greene MJ. On the Inside Looking In : Methodological Insights and Challenges in Conducting Qualitative Insider Research On the Inside Looking In : Methodological Insights and Challenges in. 2014;19(29):1–13.
11. Shorten A, Smith J. Mixed methods research : expanding the evidence base. 2017;20(3):74–5.
12. Creswell, J.W. and Creswell J. Qualitative inquiry & research design : choosing among five approaches. 3rd ed. Los Angeles, Calif. ; London: SAGE Publications.; 2013.
13. Flick, U., Flick, U., Kvale, S., Angrosino, M.V., Barbour, R.S., Banks, M., Gibbs, G., Rapley, T. and Flick U. The Sage qualitative research kit. London: SAGE Publications.; 2007.
14. Morse J. The nature of qualitative evidence. London: Sage Publications; 2001.
15. Colaizzi P. Psychological research as the phenomenologist views it. In: Existential phenomenological alternatives for psychology. (Eds.), I. New York: Plenum; 1978.
16. Kelly MP, Stewart E, Morgan A, Killoran A, Fischer A, Threlfall A, et al. A conceptual framework for public health : NICE ’ s emerging approach. Public Health [Internet]. The Royal Society for Public Health; 2009;123(1):e14–20. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.puhe.2008.10.031
17. Braveman P, Gruskin S. Defining equity in health. 2003;254–8.
18. Kesehatan D. 2017 Survei Demografi dan. 2017;
19. Krieger N. Proximal , Distal , and the Politics of Causation : What ’ s Level Got to Do With It ? 2008;98(2):221–30.
20. Kiswati. Evaluasi Pelaksanaan Manajemen Program (PIK-KRR) Pusat Informasi dan Konseling Kesehatan Reproduksi Remaja Oleh Penyuluh Keluarga Berencana di Kabupaten Jember. 2011;36–45.
21. Rakhmawati D, Widodo S, Mujiyono. Analisis Permasalahan Pusat Informasi Konseling Remaja dalam Mewujudkan Masyarakat Berwawasan Kependudukan. 2017;3(2):159–65.
22. Notoatmodjo S. Pengantar Pendidikan Kesehatan dan Ilmu Perilaku. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta; 2003.
23. Lestari S. Psikologi Keluarga: Penanaman Nilai dan Penanganan Konflik dalam Keluarga. Jakarta: Kencana Prenada Media Group; 2012.
24. Jones MC, Furman W. Representations of romantic relationships, romantic experience, and sexual behavior in adolescence. J Int Assoc Relatsh Res. 2011;18(1):144–64.
25. Manu AA, Mba CJ, Asare GQ, Odoi-agyarko K. Parent – child communication about sexual and reproductive health : evidence from the Brong Ahafo region , Ghana. 2015;1–13.
26. Hoskins DH. Consequences of Parenting on Adolescent Outcomes. 2014;506–31.
27. Mutya M. Keterpaparan Media Massa dengan Perilaku Seksual berisiko pada Remaja di SMAN 4 Payakumbuh. Padang: Universitas Andalas; 2015.
28. Strasburger VC. Adolescents , Sex , and the Media. 2014;(April 2012).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
The copyright to this article is transferred to Jurnal Ilmiah Bidan (JIB) if the article is accepted for publication. JIB allow the author to hold the mutual copyright.
Jurnal Ilmiah Bidan (JIB) is licensed under Creative Common Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.